About the Programme
As the Islamic banking and finance mapping in Malaysia reaching its maturity with many products and players in the market, and aiming to be the hub of the Islamic financial centre in the region, the MBA – Muamalah is the best in providing students with this development. The programme offers across core Islamic banking and finance disciplines which allow students to finish the programme within one year (fulltime) and two years (part time) with reasonable fees and flexible payment. Learning of the programme is designed to the current needs of the industry, enabling students to perform the job with ease and confidence. It also promotes life long learning attitude among students with relevant, interesting and stimulating learning and practical experience that will help create employment opportunities, future career development and futher study.
Areas of Specialisation
• Islamic Banking and Finance • Islamic Financial Planning • Takaful and Risk Management
INTAKE AND DURATION OF STUDIES
The programme is offered to full and part time students. The programme is designed as one-year full time programme (trimester) and two-year part time (six semesters). Each semester consists of 14 weeks. Students can choose one of the two modes of study available:
1. Weekdays – classes are scheduled during normal daytime
2. Evening & Weekend – classes are scheduled in the evening (6.00 pm – 10.00 pm) during weekdays and Saturdays (9.00 am – 5.00 pm)
The intake will be made available in every semester.
MINIMUM ENTRY QUALIFICATION
1. Bachelors Degree (with Honours) or equivalent from Selangor International Islamic University
College (SIIUC) or from recognised Universities;
2. Priorities are given to candidates with at least a minimum qualification in Arabic Language at the SPM level or its equivalent.
3. Candidates without foundation in Arabic Language are required to undertake the Arabic Language Intensive course.
4. Candidates with at least a minimum of ten (10) years working experience at the executive level and above will be given priority. This candidate must possess at least a qualification in Diploma or its equivalent based on criteria required by KUIS.